STEP 1. CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT PLAN
Lump Sum Plan
A "pay as you go" plan
You must hold your units for at least two calendar years before you can use them.
The unit price contains a premium over current tuition so you should plan to hold your units for four to five years before use in order to realize financial gain.
- Buy units whenever you want and contribute any amount of money you choose.
- Buy between 1 and 500 units, including partial units, for each child.
- Pay the unit price in effect at the time we receive your payment. The unit price is set annually, and may also be adjusted once annually if needed.
Custom Monthly Plan
A defined monthly payment plan
- Lock in a monthly payment that stays the same throughout the term of your contract.
- Select a contract between 50 and 500 units for each child.
- Lock in the current unit price. Your contract includes a 7.5 percent finance charge.*
- 2012-2013 Payment Plan Chart
To use your units, your contract must be paid in full and your account must have been open for at least two calendar years.
Can't decide? Save through both plans
Open a Custom Monthly Plan account and buy Lump Sum units at any time. When you mail us a check, tell us whether to apply the money to your Custom Monthly payments or a Lump Sum purchase.
The GET unit price includes a premium over current tuition. Consequently, you should plan to hold your units for at least four years before
you can expect to see any real gain.
*The 7.5% finance charge is based on the total cost of contracted units and is compounded annually over the life of the contract. Finance charges have been factored into Custom Monthly Plan payment amounts and are not reduced if the contract is paid off early. Total finance charges may be reduced by shortening the term length or by reducing the number of units in the contract.
STEP 2. CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD
- We send you a book of payment coupons when you enroll unless you set up automatic withdrawal or payroll deduction.
- You send us a payment coupon with your check or money order by the 15th day of every month for the Custom Monthly Plan or whenever you have a little extra cash for the Lump Sum Plan.
- If you don't have a coupon, note your account number in the memo field on your check. Make checks payable to GET.
- Money is withdrawn automatically from your bank or credit union account and deposited into your GET account.
- To set up withdrawals, complete an automatic withdrawal authorization form.
- Payments will come out of your bank or credit union account on the 15th day of each month.
- You won't be able to set up an ACH when submitting your enrollment online. Once your enrollment has been processed you can log in to your account and select "payment options" to set up your new monthly withdrawal.
Credit cards and debit cards
- You can transfer money from your bank account to your GET account through our electronic bank transfer system.
- US Bank charges a $1 processing fee for each transaction.
- You may use a credit card or debit card to pay the one-time enrollment fee only.
- You cannot buy units or make a payment with a credit card or debit card.