Making Account Changes
NOTE: GET is temporarily closed to new enrollments and unit sales. At this time, customers will not be able to add new units to their accounts. GET also has a temporary refund policy in effect that waives program penalties and the two-year wait requirement. See www.get.wa.gov/5954-impacts for more details on GET's current status.
Do you need to make changes to your account? Whether you need to change your contact information, add people to your account, transfer units from one account to another, or select a new benefit use year, it’s easy to submit these changes online by logging in to your GET account.
Make Changes to Your Custom Monthly Plan +-
- Convert my Custom Monthly to a Lump Sum plan: You may convert your Custom Monthly Payment Plan to a Lump Sum Plan by completing the Account Change Request form. Once you make this change you will not be able to keep the locked in unit price. All prior payments received will be applied at the rate that was in effect when the payment was received. You may continue to make Lump Sum contributions, but they will purchase units at the current unit price when your payment is received. If you decide you want a Custom Monthly plan later you will need to open a new Custom Monthly plan during an open enrollment period.
- Reduce Terms: To reduce the term length on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form. Please be advised that this will typically cause a balance owing to bring your account current. Call Customer Service at 1.800.955.2318 for more detailed information.
- Reduce Units: To reduce the unit amount on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form. You may reduce your contract in 50 unit increments. Once you reduce the number of units in your contract you may not increase it back to your original amount. However, you may open a new Custom Monthly account during any open enrollment period.
- Increase units in my Custom Monthly Plan: If you have an existing Custom Monthly Plan that you opened during the current enrollment period, you may complete the Account Change Request form to increase the amount of units in your contract. Or, you may print out your enrollment summary, make changes, sign it and return it to us by the last day of the enrollment period.If you have a Custom Monthly plan that was opened during a previous enrollment period and you would like to increase your units, you will need to open a new account during an open enrollment period.
- If you have a Lump Sum plan and you’d like to add a Custom Monthly Plan, please complete the Custom Monthly Plan Addition form.
- If you had a Custom Monthly Plan that has already been converted to a Lump Sum plan, you will need to open a new account during an open enrollment period.
- Increase Terms: To increase the term length on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form. Please be advised that this may cause your account to be paid ahead. Call Customer Service for more detailed information.
- Request a Refund: In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy for details. You may submit a notarized Refund/Cancellation Request form to: GET Program, PO BOX 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Please call our Contact Center to hear other options for your account.
Transfer Units +-
To transfer units from one student to another, please complete the Transfer Request form. The Transfer Request form must be notarized and mailed to GET Program, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450.
- Please note the 500 units is the lifetime maximum for each student.
- To transfer units from a non-paid in full Custom Monthly Plan, please complete the Student Beneficiary Change form.
- Note: If you are transferring units to an account with a different owner, this form must be notarized.
- Lump Sum units may be transferred at any time but must meet the two year wait before eligible for use.
Make Changes to Your Lump Sum Plan +-
- Add additional Lump Sum units: You may add to your Lump Sum plan at any time with the following payment options: 1) Send a payment coupon 2) Set up or change your Automatic Monthly Bank Withdrawal (ACH) 3) Set up or change your payroll deduction 4) Make an online payment through US Bank by logging into your GET account.
- Add a Custom Monthly Plan: Please complete the Custom Monthly Plan Addition form to add a Custom Monthly Plan to your Lump Sum plan. This must be completed during an open enrollment period.
- Request a Refund: In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy for details. You may submit a notarized Refund Request form to GET Program, PO BOX 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Please call our Contact Center to hear other options for your account or for more detailed information.
Change Your Student’s Benefit Use Year +-
If your student is starting college sooner than expected, please complete the Change of Benefit Use Year form. You can complete this form online by logging in to your GET account or by downloading the paper form. Be advised that your units must be eligible for use, i.e. your Custom Monthly plan must be paid in full and/or your Lump Sum units must be at least two years old. Please keep in mind that the longer the units are held in your account the more beneficial it will be.
Request a Refund +-
All cancellations and refunds are made according to Washington State law (RCW 28B.95.110) and GET Program policies.
In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy for details.
Circumstances requiring a two-year wait
- Scholarship: If your student receives a scholarship, you can use your GET account for other qualified higher education expenses, transfer the units to another family member, or request a refund equal to the value of the scholarship (up to 125 units per year).
- Graduation or program completion: If your student has remaining units in a GET account upon graduation, you can transfer those units to another family member or request a refund.
- Non-attendance: If your student decides not to attend college, you can transfer units to another family member, hold the units in the account for up to 10 years, or request a refund.
Login Help +-
Are you having trouble logging in to see your GET account?
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot your problem:
- If you have already converted to the new login process, consider the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct email address as your Login ID
- If you forgot your password, try the Password Recovery option.
- After you create your Login ID and Password, to confirm it you need to log in the first time through the confirmation link we sent to your email.
- If you didn't receive an email with a confirmation link, check to see if it's in your spam folder.
- If you have not logged in since July 2009, we have changed the way you access your account. If you are using the Account Owner's SSN (Login information is linked to the account owner, not the student):
- You will need to go through the process of changing your Login information. To do so, just follow the onscreen directions.
- Confirm your email address. This is your new Login ID. Please note that each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- Your password must be a minimum of seven characters and must include a special symbol (ex: ! % &).
Are you trying to open a new GET account?
- Did you enter the Account Owner's information?
- Are you getting an error that the email address you entered is already in use?
- First, try using another email address.
- If you are unable to proceed because the email is already in use, or if you made an error setting up the Account Owner, call Customer Service at 1-800-955-2318. Remember that each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- If you are unable to open an account online, you can complete and return a paper enrollment form.
Paper enrollment forms and payments should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 84824
Seattle, WA 98124-6124
Enrollment forms may also be sent by fax to 360.704.6200, or scanned and emailed to GETInfo@wsac.wa.gov
For more complex account changes, such as transferring account ownership (which requires notarization) you can visit our Forms page. For additional support, please call our Contact Center Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 800.955-2318 or email email@example.com.